Friday, April 15, 2011

Where Has It Gone

Where has it gone, romance, manners, chivalry and all the other stuff that life has lost! Come on people these things used to matter! I am fed up with these people today with the attitudes.  I like to get to know the person first!  Always have and always will!! Enough of the f*cking around and serious mind games! Come on people these things used to matter!  Why is it these days that when you have just interacted with a man via e-mail or chat on the internet it has to lead to “what colour panties are you wearing…”.  Give me a break!!  I thought you had potential … I wanted to get to know YOU as a person and my hope was that you wanted the same.
My hope is that women will finally stop accepting this shitty behaviour from men and demand to be treated as they deserve. Maybe men will finally get it. Maybe then, they’ll be more like the heroes we see in romance novels – and I’m not referring to tall, brawny and well-endowed – I’m speaking of a man with honour and integrity. Someone a woman wants to share her life with ... a relationship based on trust and respect for one another.  A relationship where you share laughter and fun and support one another’s dreams.   A relationship where intimacy matters ...
For me, looks have never been important when it comes to loving a guy. A sense of loyalty, fidelity, integrity and maturity happens to be what I’ve always looked for. Sadly, it isn’t often I find it in men older than me, much less ones that are younger.  Am I ever going to find a guy who wants to be with me because of who I am?  Maybe I should just settle at being single ….

1 comment: