Thursday, September 17, 2015

Do You Really Know Me

I really have an issue with people who think they know me and that they seem to think they know what is best for me. I am now talking about people in my life who are mere acquaintances. Not my real true friends or my family as they know who I am and they know what I have been through. These acquaintances will come along and say that I should not focus on the past and that I should focus on the here and now. I should enjoy the present and all that can make me happy now. Ummm, excuse me but let me ask you something. What makes you think that I am not happy? What makes you think that I do not find joy in my every day life? How do you even know what REALLY happened in my past? You do not even know what I have going on in my every day life. Let me enlighten you just a tiny little bit. I wake up every morning with a spring in my step and joy in my heart. Why? Because I have another beautiful day to enjoy. Because I was given another chance to see another day! I have my son who is as frigging nutty as what I am. Did you even know that I am a nutter? In this home there is constant laughter and happy bantering. My sisters and my close friends are just as crazy. I always choose to see the positive in any situation. If something should not work out for me as planned I do not view it as negative, I view it as just one door closing and another one will open. I may not come across as mentioned above to mere acquaintances because that is just me. It takes me a while to warm up to people. I tend to come across as shy and reserved at first but I am in fact sussing people out. I choose how to live my life. I do not need anyone to now come along and preach to me about what I should do and should not do. If I choose to walk down memory lane with regards to a relationship that meant the world to me. Then I will do so. It is my choice. If I am not ready to let go. Well, that is my choice too. I am happy with who I am right now. I am happy with my life right now. I have a lot going on in my life right now and it is all good. So, to these acquaintances who seem to think they need to rescue me, I really do not need rescuing. Perhaps the advice they are trying to give me is what they should apply to their own lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment