Monday, August 1, 2016

I Am Worthy

I always thought there was something romantic about fighting for someone. About winning them back. Eventual happiness. But as I sit here with stones in my chest where hope used to lie. I have learned that there is nothing lovely about having to continuously convince someone to love you. I learned that there is no use in hopeless pleas of trying to make someone stay. I have come to realise I am too good to chase someone who does not know my worth and I am too tired to keep waiting for someone who doesn't acknowledge my value. I want love to be simple. I want to trust without thinking. I want to be generous with my affection and patience and love unconditionally. I want to be loved unconditionally. I shouldn't have to fight so hard for it. I do not have the time to prove to someone that I am worth it. I shouldn't have to prove any of that. I am worth more than that. It doesn't matter to me anymore what people think of me. My focus is not on small talk. I have better things to do with my life, like become a better woman. I don't care what people say behind my back anymore because most of them never have the guts to say it to my face anyway. I don't care anymore if people believe in me or if they are going to pick up and leave. What I offered was more than good enough and anyone who wanted to walk away from that...well that was on them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment