Sunday, June 7, 2020

The Pandemic On My Life

I sit in deep thought and give one big sigh. I question "why" and "how". I reflect. I get angry. Who do I blame for this upheaval in my life? I ask myself: "Where to from here?" This pandemic has wreaked havoc on my plans, my goals and my dreams. It has isolated me from friends, family and neighbours. I long for the friendly, and sometimes biting banter between my family, as we enjoy a meal or coffee and cake together. 

How long will this last? Will I still achieve my goals and dreams? I wish I could see a “light at the end of the tunnel” – a tunnel that at this moment appears without end. I feel like I am stuck in a circle! The angst I feel feeds an intense desire for certainty. This pandemic has pulled the rug from under my feet! The seeds I had planted are now frozen. The result of that, well, I had to reinvent the wheel, so to speak. It took some time, but time was endlessly available, thanks to being "house bound". This was no time for complex deliberations. 

Another consequence of the pandemic, a positive at least, has increased my sociability and has boosted my appreciation of my family and friends, and even a yearning for warmth and comfort, the realisation that we cannot hack it alone. The pandemic has altered who I am and how I relate to people and the world. I suspect many people will look back and see this as a time when things changed in their lives. I heard this song and it could not be more apt to dealing with the pandemic right now, and with us having a "strawberry full moon" eclipse right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment