Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Being Manipulated By Others

I have to vent! There is nothing that irritates me more than when I have to hear from someone, that they first need to check with their partner before they can proceed with something. Crikey Moses man. Can they not make a decision for themselves? This decision is about their life and what makes THEM happy. It is about what THEY want! Not what the other person wants. The other person does not LIVE their life. THEY live it! 

What is it with people? Just because they get married does not mean that they are glued to that person and that they now cannot make up their own frigging minds. And why must they seek approval first? For what? The partner does not control them! And if the person DOES control them, well that is also totally beyond me...I really just do not understand some people.

The same goes for when I hear that someone has just come out of a relationship and the reason is that oh, the parents did not think they were good enough for their son or daughter. It's like I almost do a double take and say - Excuse me, What? You are kidding right?! Seriously, it blows my mind that there are people that will allow themselves to be manipulated by others. The way I see it is if you are in love with someone, then that is your choice, your feelings and your happiness. Why would anyone even listen to someone else who says that the other person is not good enough for them if they really care for that particular person. How do those that say that even know? They are not in the relationship. They do not know what the situation is between the two people in love. Who are they to judge. It actually also comes down to control never mind manipulation! 

I just don't know. It does not make sense to me that people will allow other people to control their lives. The way I see it is that it is your life and you only get to live that life once. You are the captain of your ship and you must steer it to where you want to go. Yes, there are going to be stormy waters but you will learn how to navigate your way through those waves. You will learn to keep away from the sand banks and you will sail over calm waters to that island in the sun. As the captain, you are in charge, you are certainly not going to take instruction from the deck hand!! 

Ok. I have vented enough...time to hit the sack! It is 10:20pm and my bed is now calling me...

No comments:

Post a Comment