Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My Champ

Today, 27 January, five years ago, God came and took you home. How it all happened so fast, I still can not put my head around. I sit here and think of Christmas. How you swam in the pool with your brother, Chase. How you were so full of energy and how you had us all laughing so much. How excited you were to see that "Father Christmas" had left so many presents under the Christmas tree. Oh, how I miss you! You are so often in my thoughts. I watch your new little brother, Hayden, and I see so much of you in him. He is also such a lively firecracker, just like you were. My little Champ. My little soldier boy. You were so strong and you fought so hard to stay with us but in the end the Leukemia won. You had no more fight left in you. A little body can only take so much. You are now one of God's Angels. He needed you more. You are now one of His soldiers. Love you to the moon and back my little Champ!!



Little Angels
When God calls little children
To dwell with Him above,
We mortals sometimes question
The wisdom of His love.
For no heartache compares with
The death of one small child
Who does so much to make our world
Seem wonderful and mild.
Perhaps God tires of calling
The aged to his fold,
So he picks a rosebud
Before it can grow old.
God knows how much we need them,
And so He takes but a few
To make the land of Heaven
More beautiful to view.
Believing this is difficult
Still somehow we must try,
The saddest word mankind knows
Will always be “Goodbye”.
So when a little child departs,
We who are left behind
Must realise God loves children,
Angels are hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment