Thursday, October 13, 2016

Music In My Life

I love listening to music in the car while on my way to a meeting, as I feel it helps me to prepare for the day that waits. I think it is like the memoirs to my life as it has been there throughout everything with me. Music is one of the most important and powerful things in my life. My life without melodies and harmonies would be totally empty. Listening to different songs helps me to de-stress, relax and it can also help to motivate me in trying times. I believe music has the ability to convey all sorts of emotion. Whether the emotion is joy and happiness or sadness and despair through rhythms, harmonies and the lyrics music shows it. The effect that music can have on our emotions is tremendous, as it can bring people to floods of tears or bursts of laughter. Music has the ability to transport me back in time just like a time machine. It lets me revisit lost and forgotten moments in life. To me music is more than just something to listen to, it’s something to feel. Driving off this morning to a meeting I had Metallica on the radio. Their song "Nothing Else Matters". The acoustics are just so amazing as well as the lyrics. I cannot explain the emotions that ran through me! Then to end the day I was taken back in time with Pat Benatar on the radio, belting out "All Fired Up". Just so awesome! Trust me, you don't want to know me when I start singing along - teeheeheee.




No comments:

Post a Comment