Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Scaling Down

So another decision had to be made. One that is the bane of my life. A house move!! Moving isn’t anyone’s favourite thing to do. Aside from the physical process of shifting everything I own (or at least some of it as I will have to get rid of a few things) into a new space, there are many other factors I had to consider, such as why waste money on space I don’t need! It’s just me and my cats now, so why not downsize to a smaller place to save not only on my rent, but also on utilities, repairs, cleaning time, and more (perhaps most importantly) my sanity? I really do not need a home with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a loft! With me starting with presentations now on Saturdays, my time is also limited. I clean my own home and do my own gardening. I only do that on weekends and alternate between the house and the garden. As much as I love gardening, it is also just becoming too much for me. And yes, people ask me why I don't buy. The simple answer is, I do not want to be tied to South Africa with a mortgage. When the time comes for me to leave South Africa I want to do it as quickly as possible. It is still my goal to get out of this country. I just wish that it could be now, right now anywhere overseas would be like icing on the cake for me! I guess the challenges are worth the struggle. The time came for me to take a step back and think about how nice it would be on my stress levels and wallet if I could start fresh. Sometimes, life deals us cards that are like flashing neon signs stating, “GO FORWARD AND START ANEW.” At least this time it is my decision to make a move. Not like the previous time where I had no choice. Interesting too how I made this decision around the just recent Full Moon. Full moons are a time to cleanse and to release that which no longer serves you so that you can move forward on a path that is right for you. That is exactly what I did. I asked the Universe to help me release all negativity and to help me let go of all that no longer serves me and to guide me forward on the path that is best for me. So, in two months time I am on the move. Quite appropriate since it will be the 1st day of Spring! I just hope I can find something that suits me in these two months as I hate taking a place just for the sake of having a roof over my head. I want a place that will feel like "home". I raise my glass and say "Cheers - here's to new beginnings!"

No comments:

Post a Comment